Firefighter (Fulltime) Position
OPENING DATE: None at this time
The City of Hahira is seeking a Firefighter for the Fire Department. This position is for a first line engine company responsible for duties on and off of an emergency scene.
(NOTE: These are intended only as illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the positon.
· Follows operational policies and procedures
· Assures training and certification requirements are met
· Completes equipment maintenance tasks and documentation
· Assists with equipment repairs and maintenance
· Responds to emergency scenes
· Cleans equipment, station and grounds
· Assists with fire prevention for schools, clubs, etc.
· Will be required to ride and drive fire and rescue vehicles
· Participate in pre-fire plan activities
· Work shifts consisting of 24 hours on duty, and 48 hours off duty
· May be required to work on call shifts as needed
· Performs related work as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid State of Georgia driver’s license
· Complete a criminal background check
· Pass a complete drug screening
Must possess and maintain for employment:
> State of Georgia Firefighter Certification from the Ga Firefighters Standards and Training
> Georgia EMT license (preferred) or a current National Registry EMR (minimum)
> A valid State of Georgia driver’s license
Applications can be obtained at Hahira Fire Department or Hahira City Hall 102 South Church Street, Hahira GA 31632 or by clicking here.